Saturday, November 13, 2010

Laughter

Today, I'm grateful for laughter. Have you ever started laughing at something that was funny and then couldn't stop. I had one of those experiences last Friday. A few friends went to a restaurant to celebrate one of the girl's birthdays. Something funny was said that caused us all to start laughing. Before long, one funny comment led to another. Within a matter of minutes, we were all laughing so hard that our abdomens, cheek muscles, and head hurt. It was a good thing that we were only at a ma and pa shop with only one other party there--and they were laughing too.

Then I called and talked to my family this afternoon. They were still chuckling over a joke that my little sister had played on my dad last night after he had come home from work. From what I could gather, my sister was standing in the bathroom with the lights off. My dad had walked into the bathroom (keeping the lights off as he assumed everyone was in bed asleep) to put his dirty socks in the hamper. As he lifted the lid, Cindy touched my dad's arm and said, "Boo." Apparently, this startled my dad so much that he started screaming. My mom, who was asleep, woke up to this screaming and thought that she was being robbed or something. I wish I had been there for this moment because it takes a lot to get my dad. I have a feeling that Cindy's get back day is coming.

Laughter is truly the best medicine. Laughter provides a physical and emotional release, which I have been in need of lately.

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment