Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day

Today, I am grateful for all veterans, past, present, and future, who are sacrificing their life so that the rest of us can remain safe and enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers fought for us to have. It's funny how much more these holidays mean to you when you are directly affected by a veteran who is currently serving. The military is not an easy profession to be a part of nor do the soldiers receive the respect from many of the citizens that they fight for. Nonetheless, I'm so proud of my husband for following his heart and doing what he knows he should. During this deployment, I am learning the struggles and heartache that soldiers experience being away from home. My heart goes out, in particular, to those soldiers who have no moral support from family and friends back home. May God watch over them and bring them home safely!!

♪♫"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I won't forget the ones who died who gave that right to me. . . ."♪♫


Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment