Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

This year, Thanksgiving was unlike any others.  Not only was I away from my friends, family, and husband, but I was in a foreign country that to them is just another day.  While I had a good feast with two other friends from Jared's unit, something was missing.  I felt so alone and sad. I hadn't felt this way in a very long time.  So I called home and skyped with my parents, sisters, and nieces and nephews.  That only made things worse because I saw how much fun I was missing out on.  So I sat down and had a good cry.  While crying didn't fix anything, it released a lot of emotions and allowed me to sleep like a baby!

I have so much to be grateful for...so I'm trying not to get down.  I am most grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who knows how to succor me.  He is allowing me to grow to new lengths but always there to share His unconditional love with me.  I'm so grateful for the Atonement, which allows me the opportunity to return back to His presence if I daily repent and live worthy of this blessing.

In addition to my Savior, I am most grateful for to technology, especially the cell phone and computer with Skype.  These two devices have allowed me to keep in contact with the people who mean the most to me.  Without them, I would be one lost, sad, little girl.


Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment