Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Love My Mom

Last night I got sick and didn't get to share a grateful post. So today I'll share two!

Today I'm grateful for my mother. I love her and hate that we live so far away because she means the world to me. She's been through it all with me--the good and the bad. And last night, when I was so sick, she was there on the phone with me telling me that I was going to make it and be okay. Finally, after my mom had talked to me for about an hour, I was able to go back to sleep at 3 a.m. Thank you mom.

My mom has always been there for me. Below are just a few memories:

  • As a child, we spent many nights sitting together at table doing homework and projects
  • We love to spend time playing games together!
  • We love to go shopping together!
  • For the last 15+ years, we faithfully attended the Forgotten Carols play together to start off the Christmas season. Now that I'm in Germany, I miss the traditions that I had created with my mom.
  • We had many memorable moments together as we drove every weekend during the winter months to see Cindy when she was in the hospital in Utah.
  • She has always moved me into my college apartments and back home at the end of the year--always consoling me before driving away.
  • In preparation for my wedding, my mother and I made a quilt and 65 pumpkin rolls to serve at our wedding reception (besides a laundry list of other things).
  • She flew to Germany to attend me and Jared's temple sealing.
  • She always goes the extra mile to make family feel welcome when coming to visit. You can always rest assured that she will be stocked up on your favorite treats and serve you your favorite meals!
  • Now that I'm in Germany, she is always so willing to go buy things that I need and can't purchase over here. I know I must be a pain sometimes, but she never complains. She always replies, "Just glad I can help."
  • She always makes time to talk to me--whether it be to listen to my joys or hear me cry through my pain. She has helped me find the strength to live over here in Germany while Jared is gone for the next year.
  • She taught me how to cook, sew, croquet, cross stitch, etc. All of the many things that are now my hobbies! And many of these things she had to teach me backwards as I'm left handed. Not many people can do things both ways.

And the list goes on and on! I only hope that I will be half the mom she has been to me! I appreciate all that she does for me and look forward to making many more experiences together in the future. I can't wait for her to come visit me again next year!

I Love you Mom!

1 comment:

  1. This is your favorite cousin Nikki:) Can I just say How much i LOVE your MOM!!! I have SO many fun memories of spending the night at your house playing RACKO and the card game SPEED or WAR...Oh and don't get me started on the many New Year Eve nights at your house staying up with your mom. I love her!!! Thanks for such a wonderful tribute to your wonderful mom. We really had some great laughs growing up!

    ReplyDelete