Lately, I have found myself in a slump and can't get out. I have lots of things to do but no drive to do any of it, including blogging. I get up each day and go to work and then come home each night and think of all the things that I need to do, but quickly lose the momentum to do any of them. I'm also finding myself having less patience with people, processes, and everything in general. Currently, I'm impatient with my own life as I feel like it has been put on hold for the next year. It's not that I can't go and do anything, because I do get out, but my way of life as I liked it is gone. After almost 4 long months, I’m officially lonely and I really miss having a significant other to sit next to, to cuddle up against and watch a movie, to hold my hand, or to gently kiss my lips! So I must patiently wait (or not patiently wait) for my life to resume again.
So I've been thinking that maybe to get out of this rut, I need to find some good things to occupy my time. If I post them, then I have friends and family who can check up on me to make sure that I'm staying on track. So here they are:
1. Make a quilt from beginning to end (completed August 24, 2010)
2. Lose weight--85 pounds (started September 22, 2010.So far, I've lost 3.8 pounds. Slow and steady wins the race)
3. Read my scriptures everyday
4. Read 12 books
5. Exercise regularly
6. Send Jared a package once a week
7. Complete a career certification class
8. Pay off Toyota Corolla (completed September 3, 2010)
9. Pay off Honda Accord
10. Practice the piano regularly
11. Finish making my curtains and get them hung (completed August 27, 2010)
12. Visit a new place at least once a month (Crystal Factory in Neustadt, Germany; Polish pottery in Boleslawiec, Poland,LDS temple in Freihung, Germany; Eidelweis retreat in Garmisch, Germany; Rothenberg, Germany; Bamberg, Germany; Ansbach, Germany; visiting caves in Pottenstein, Germany; playing at Eschenbach Lake, Germany; Berlin, Germany, Salzburg, Austria; etc.)
Some of these goals have already been accomplished while others of them I need to get working on!!