Monday, December 6, 2010

Tis the Season

I know that Winter doesn't officially start until  December 21st, but it has officially arrived in Vilseck, Germany.  Last week was crazy.  On Monday it started snowing so hard and fast that the school and military base shut down at 1 p.m.  Tuesday ended up being a 2 hour delay to give people more time to shovel their driveways and get to work safely.  It snowed so much on Wednesday night that they cancelled school on Thursday.  Then Friday ended up being another 2 hour delay as well.  This week is following suit.  Today was a two hour delay and a early release (we left as soon as the students were gone).  And just now, I received another phone call about a 2 hour delay in the morning due to the snow that is currently falling!! 

While the snowy scenery is beautiful to look at, I have spent 15 Euros ($20) on phone calls this week informing staff members of these delays.  Our home phone plan is ridiculous.  I can call the United States for free.  However, I can only call the people with the same prefix as me for free within my base.  The majority of people that I call from work and church do not have my same prefix.  The bad thing is that our phone company has a monopoly on us military folk as there isn't another phone company to change to.  I think I'm going to have to get a 2nd job to pay for my current job's phone bill.


Oh, and did I mention that I'm not enjoying having to shovel snow off of 2 driveways alone?  It's the pits.  Maybe by the end of winter I will have strong arm, shoulder, and back muscles.  lol

Have a great night!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment