Monday, December 23, 2013

Jared’s Surgery

Earlier this summer, Jared was working out at the gym and heard a big “POP” in his knee.  He tried to ignore it and continue to run, but the pain kept getting worse.  So he decided to take several weeks off and see if it would heal on its own.  But it didn’t.  It hurt every time he worked out.  He also started babying the knee and limping on it.  So I finally made him go to the doctor to get it checked out.  The first doctor said it was due to getting old and normal wear and tear.  I wasn’t satisfied with this opinion.  You don’t go from running a marathon with no pain to just getting old.  So I made him go to another doctor.  This doctor immediately ordered an MRI and told him that he had a torn meniscus and needed to have surgery to take care of his problem. 
So here he sits getting his knee prepped for surgery.  Jared was sad to see all his knee hair gone. 
 
 
I saw the doctor after surgery.  He said that everything went well.  The meniscus was torn more than he thought it was, but that his knee is in great shape for a speedy recovery! 
I have never been around Jared after coming off of anesthesia.  He was quite the site.  As he was being rolled down the hall, he started chanting, “Go Adrian!”  The staff worker and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders.  Then Jared said, “Do you know what I’m talking about? “  I said no.  Apparently, that was something that Rocky chanted to his wife…Goofball.  When we got to the room, he proceeded to say many more things that left me laughing and rolling my eyes,  but Jared said I can’t share them with the world. 
Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment