Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Deployment Homecoming!

Wow! The last month really flew by. The weather warmed up so I could do more outside, took my last few Saturday girl’s trips, and I got in a deep cleaning mode. Needless to say, I finished cleaning and decorating the last room in the house only moments before I went to pick Jared up from the Memorial Gym!

I couldn’t believe that DEPLOYMENT was finally going to be over and that Jared was coming back home for good! I was soooo excited to have him come back home but also a LOT nervous for how our reunion would go. We have both had several briefings where we have been advised that it could take time readjusting to one another’s quirks and personalities again. Even though we had regular communication with one another during the last year and were on the same page with how money was to be spent/saved, which goals we were trying to accomplish, etc., we have been living two completely separate lives and missing out on everything in between. We have missed out on an entire year of each other’s lives--(living together, eating together, making decisions together, the daily chit chats, etc. Would our reunion be EVERYTHING that we had hoped? 

First, waiting at the Memorial Gym for the soldiers to arrive!  Yes, the nervous jitters were there!


This is the quilt square that we submitted for Jared!

Me and my friend Merideth Marano







Second, the smoke and soldiers entering the building!








Third, waiting for the National Anthem to finish playing!



Finally, running to MY man!























Wiping away his tears!




Jared, me, and my batle buddies!





I must thank my friend, Dana, for coming to take these photos for me.  We will cherish these happy moments forever!

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment