Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jared's New Hair Doo

There is a constant argument in our house about Jared shaving his head BALD.  While I have always been against it, he's always told me that it would happen downrange and that there was nothing that I could do to stop him.  Don't get me wrong, I do think he looks sharp with his sides "tight" and a little hair on top.  But not BALD!

Every once in a while, he will joke around on the phone and tell me he's going to get his head shaved.  But since deployment is 8+ months over and nothing has ever happened, I figured that he had backed down.  However, a few nights ago, I logged onto Facebook before going to bed and found these pictures of Jared:
 
Trying the bald look for the first time. Luckily i did not cut my head shaving it the first time. I didn't have to pay a barber for this look either.

Side view. My wife said i could never do this, but I'm in Afghanistan so you can see how well I listened this time.  How many shocked reactions will i get?
While it was still a surprise, I should have known he'd eventually get around to it.  My question is, "Where is the smile to go with the new doo? "  He replied, "What is there to smile about around here?  It's dirty, it stinks, etc."   All I have to say is that it WILL be grown back out by the time he comes back home!

Now that he's done it, he says that he doesn't think he will keep it.  He likes having a little bit of hair on his head.  See, he should have listened to his wife in the first place!  lol

Tammy

3 comments:

  1. AHHH! BALDY!!! :) Here's hoping it grows out before he comes home...and listens to his wife next time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow it doesn't even look like Jared.
    I like the "Bald" new Jared. Not that my vote counts. Jer shaves his head and I love it!! Well okay he doesn't go down to razor blade and shaving cream but he does shave all of it off. I like it.
    Good Job Jared way to stand up for the Baldness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It only took Bruce one time shaving his head, BEFORE he went to Iraq that he realized he makes an ugly bald man!

    ReplyDelete